Find peace of mind & answers to your questions about the best South Africa luxury accommodation for you! Superb deals on South Africa luxury accommodation in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Pretoria & more.
Luxurious accommodation in South Africa rivals the most luxurious accommodation available anywhere in the world. This may surprise you. It surprised me when I first visited South Africa in 1986 to visit my future wife’s family. But it is even more true now that Mandela introduced democracy. The economy is booming and wealth is being created at a rapid rate.
The scope of South Africa luxury accommodation is seen when you take tour the country, take a deluxe safari or travel on the Blue Train or Rovos Rail or stay in one of its five star hotels. We’ve lived in South Africa since 1993, my wife is a local & enjoy luxury travel.
If you are like our friends and also enjoy luxury travel, then a five star itinerary in South Africa will not disappoint you.
From wonderful food and wine, to fine linens, to exemplary service. And you get to partake in the most exclusive luxury of all – time to enjoy and revitalize yourself.
A South African vacation can help you spend quality time with those you love and share priceless moments embracing the moments that you will share forever.
It’s also remarkable that deluxe accommodation is found throughout South Africa. So where you go you can stay in comfort and indulge yourself.
Below we share our favorite luxury accommodation choices by city: Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria.
Rather plan your own trip? Here some top South Africa luxury accommodation options we like and some free tools to help you plan and save.
Our Top 3 Luxury Hotels In Cape Town
- The Cape Grace – small, elegant with exceptional service. This is a wonderful hotel at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront.
- The Mount Nelson — The Grande Dame of Cape Town, this national landmark is set on its own 9 acres adjacent to Cape Town’s famous Company Gardens. Exceptional service with a colonial flair.
- The Commodore — A five star hotel at the V & A Waterfront that offers relative good value for money, very good service and is well located.
Our Top 4 South Africa Luxury Accommodation Choices For Durban
- Zimbali Lodge – Set over looking the Indian Ocean just north of Durban. Offers exceptional spa, golf, beach experience.
- The Royal – A classic from another era, visited by British royalty, this five star hotel is close to the heart of Durban.It is a bit dated now but if you enjoy history this is a hotel for you.
- The Hilton – this is a modern hotel close to the convention center with all the facilities necessary to do business.
- The Beverly Hills – formerly an Intercontinental hotel, the Beverly Hills offers five star service on the beachfront at Umhlanga — the heart of Durban’s North Coast
Our Top 3 Luxury Hotels In Johannesburg & Pretoria
- Illyria House – a very small luxury hotel with fine art, classical music, and exceptional food and service. Though in Pretoria, from Johannesburg International Airport you can get here just as quickly as if you were going to the best Johannesburg hotels. You will love the elegance of this place – it is a favorite of ours since it also is very relaxing and not at all stiff.
- Michelangelo – A five star hotel that adjoins two of South Africa’s most exclusive shopping malls – Sandton City and Mandela Square. Great service, fine location – close to scores of restaurants, and high end stores.
- The Westcliff – There aren’t enough superlatives for this hotel. Located in Westcliff, one of Johannesburg’s oldest, wealthiest and most beautiful suburbs. Built into a cliff, the views over the leafy suburbs north of Johannesburg are wonderful. It has a unique hillside village feel since the suites are built up the cliff. There are golf cart shuttles that take you up and down. You’ll love this hotel!